The Arts Council of Indianapolis is seeking proposals for its new 1,300 square foot gallery space located at 924 North Pennsylvania Street. The inaugural exhibition will open in October of 2010 and will last approximately one month.
The purpose of the gallery is to support professional working artists in central Indiana giving them a venue in which to sell their work and gain exposure to a larger audience.
Proposals are sought from individual artists, artist collectives and artist run organizations for solo or group shows for the October 2010 show and the full schedule of shows for 2011 -2012.
- 1,300 square feet
- Approximately 100 linear feet of hanging space including 34 feet of exposed brick and two moveable walls
- Plentiful natural light
- 2D, 3D or installation are all encouraged
- When possible an equal amount of solo and group shows will be scheduled
Artists and arts organizations:
- Artists and arts organizations must be current residents of Marion or one of the surrounding counties
- Artists should be listed in the Arts Council's on-line artist database prior to submitting for an exhibition
- Artists should be at least 18 years of age
The complete guidelines and necessary forms are available at www.artscouncilofindianapolis.org
After reviewing the guidelines, please include the following on a CD:
- Artist statement
- 10 - 20 images of individual work (no older than 5 (five) years)
- Image list corresponding to the file name on the CD with title, date, medium and size for each piece
- One page description of your proposed show
For specific questions please contact:
Shannon M Linker
Director of Artist Services
Arts Council of Indianapolis
317-631-3301 ext. 236