Artist Notification: March 15, 2010
Selected Artists will receive complete instructions for artwork delivery and pick-up dates/times.
Exhibition Preview: Thursday, May 6, 2010
Exhibition Dates: May 7 - 9, 2010
For over 50 years, art buyers have flocked to the Museum's Art 4 Sale gallery sales exhibition and left with their arms full of new work by contemporary American artists from all over the country. Our twin goals for this spectacular annual event are to introduce people to great American handcrafted work and to support the FWMoA's children's educational programs.
Be a part of this extraordinary and highly successful event-- apply TODAY!
Artists over 18 years of age are eligible. Work selected for the gallery sale must be original, handcrafted, and completed after April 1, 2008.
Artist-made original works in the following categories will be considered:
- Ceramics: A funcational object made of shaped and fired clay (including earthenware, porcelain, stoneware and terra cotta).
- Collage: The use of several materials (such as cardboard, fabric, glass, leather, metal, paper, photographs, string and wood) to form a wall relief design.
- Glass: A functional object made of glass (including blown glass and stained glass).
- Jewelry: The use of several different materials (such as clay, glass, metal and wood) to form a body adornment.
- Painting: The use of oil, acrylic, or watercolor on canvas or board.
- Photography: Images and designs produced on a sensitized surface (such as film or paper).
- Printmaking: Traditional, hand-pulled prints (such as lithographs, silkscreens, woodcuts and etchings) created in limited editions.
- Sculpture: A non-functional, three-dimensional object made of materials such as clay, fabric, glass, leather, metal, stone, or wood.
- Wearable Art: Clothing or non-jewelry accessories in any medium and fabricated by the artist.
- Works on Paper: A two-dimensional design on paper (including drawings, wtchings, monoprints, graphic design, pastels and watercolors).
- 3-D Crafts: A functional, three-dimensional object made of any material other than ceramics or glass (including fiber objects and furniture).
All participating artists will be selected by a jury from the images submitted.Please submit up to three images representational of your artwork for review. Jury decisions are final and artists will be notified by March 15, 2010.
Number of Works:
Artists who receive notification of acceptance into Art 4 Sale 2010are asked to send up to and as many works from the following categories. Works sent MUST be in the same medium as represented in the submitted images.
10 Framed works and/or 25 matted works with protective coverings
35 Jewelry Items
35 Textile/fiber items
25 Mixed Media
Use ONLY plexiglass on framed shipped works. Do not ship framed works covered with glass.
Insurance is provided for all works while they are at the FWMoA. In transit insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
If you have questions, call the FWMoA at (260) 422-6467 ext 310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon acceptance, selected artists will receive delivery/pick-up/shipping information.
Special coding instructions will be sent to each artist to label and identify each artwork to be included in the Art 4 Sale 2010 gallery sale.
Sale of Work:
The Fort Wayne Museum of Art will receive a 40% commission on all work sold. When pricing your work please keep this in mind.
For an entry form click [here].