Monday, December 12, 2011
Call For Entries: Art From the Heartland
Call For Entries: Art from the Heartland, a biennial Indianapolis Art Center juried exhibition.
The Indianapolis Art Center is calling for entries for artists in any medium 18 or older living in Indiana or a bordering state (including Wisconsin) for our Biennial Juried Exhibition. Cash awards total $2,500.00. Director’s Choice Award will be a Solo Show at the Indianapolis Art Center. The show will be juried by Paula Katz, Director and Curator, Herron Galleries, Herron School of Art and Design, IUPUI.
Submissions will be taken via www.callforentry.org and are due by March 1, 2012.
• $25 non-refundable entry fee for the submission of two pieces.
• Each artist may submit up to two pieces of work for jurying. One detail shot of each piece may be submitted, bringing the maximum number of images allowed for submission four; two overall images and two detail shots. If more than two pieces are submitted only the first two artworks will be juried.
• This exhibit is open to all artists over the age of 18 residing in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky.
• Work must be made within the last two years and can not have been previously shown at the Art Center.
• All work must be original and made by the artist or artist team. Collaborative works made between artists are eligible for inclusion.
• All media eligible. Installation artists should contact us before applying to ensure compatibility of space.
• 2D artwork must not weigh more than 250 pounds or be bigger than 10’ x 10’.
• Video artists should submit still images on Café and mail us a copy of the DVD. DVD’s must be received by the March 1, 2012 deadline.
Chosen by the juror:
• Best in Show - $1,000.00
• Best in 2D (includes video) - $500.00
• Best in 3D (includes installation) - $500.00
• 5 Honorable Mentions - $100.00 each
Chosen by the Indianapolis Art Center’s Director of Exhibitions:
• Director’s Choice Award – Solo Exhibition at the Indianapolis Art Center
Awards will be announced at the Opening Reception in a public ceremony.
Calendar of Events:
• Thursday, March 1, 2012 – Submissions due
• March 7 – 14, 2012 – Jury
• Friday, March 16, 2012 – Notifications sent out (via email through Café)
• March 19 – April 16, 2012 – work delivered for exhibition
• April 20, 2012 – exhibition opens, free public reception, public announcement of award winners 6-8p.m.
• June 10, 2012 – last day of exhibition (exhibition closes at 4p.m.)
• June 10, 2012 (after 4p.m.) – July 1, 2012 works picked up/returned to artists
For a complete prospectus and to apply, visit https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=808&sortby=fair_name&apply=yes
For questions or more information, contact Kyle Herrington, Exhibitions Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org