To develop, implement and optimize the effectiveness of e-marketing efforts and interactive content on connerprairie.org. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in creating and executing content strategies and posses demonstrated understanding of user experience design and web content best practices. The candidate must have proven ability to develop tracking reports with analysis of data and apply those findings towards continual improvement. The candidate must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with marketing communications team and internal clients to develop strategic and synergistic plans.
- Develop, oversee and implement a strategic website plan that includes: defined benchmark goals; measured and analyzed results and applied results tactics.
- Develop and update website content based on consumer insights, institution requirements and best practices.
- Proactively review website to ensure content is current.
- Write copy for the website.
- Select and optimize images for the website and other needs.
- Define and enable reporting requirements that measures content effectiveness and user behavior.
- Stay on top of emerging trends and be proactive in developing SEO solutions based on result driven data and best practices.
- Ability to implement and track survey and sign-up forms.
- Possess an understanding of HTML and website back-end; and ability to troubleshoot and fix minor problems.
- Manage vendor relationships with host site and website vendor.
- Train colleagues to use specific sections of the site for accessing and downloading applicable information.
- Develop, oversee and implement a strategic e-marketing plan that includes: defined benchmark goals; measured and analyzed results and applied results tactics.
- Stay current with latest technological advances; research and anticipate to keep Conner Prairie on the cutting edge.
- Develop e-communications and handle technical aspects including but not limited to e-newsletters, postcards and promotions.
- Maintain and update e-mail newsletter database
- Coordinate special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Manage e-marketing vendor relationship.
- Provide technical support needs and tracking analysis for Flickr, YouTube, blogs and potentially other social media needs
- Handle website operations including security certificates, web hosting, troubleshooting, passwords, etc.
- Frequent coordination and communication with IT department.
- Provide staff support during festival and special events.
- Ability to film and edit short video for social media needs a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of HTML and website back-end.
- Experience with Kentico content management system, PEO and Blackbaud a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability and knowledge to develop video content
- Ability to analyze and communicate statistical data results
- Possess an understanding of social media and its language
- Creative, solution-minded, self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated by learning and discovering new things.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Cubical with fluorescent lighting
- Minimal noise with occasional interruptions
- Expected to walk on uneven pathways on outdoor grounds
- Ability to move 25 pounds
- Expected to work some weekends and evenings
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement online at: http://connerprairie.myexacthire.com/
Application Deadline: January 4, 2010