Indianapolis Art Center
Specifically, students will learn about both
We are looking for artists with a background in creating murals or sculptural pieces and who have had some kind of experience working with children. Those with this experience are encouraged to submit the following by March 20, 2009:
- Resume and 3 professional references
- One written concept proposal (no longer than one page) that expresses an overall image or concept the students will work within and indicates how the students message and artwork will be implemented using a particular media. If providing a 2-d concept please note that most sites will only be able to accommodate a 10’ tall x 20’ length or smaller space.
- A CD with 5 images of your artwork
Director of Outreach
820 E. 67th St
For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once chosen, each artist will be expected to teach students about artwork produced under the WPA and American Scene movement with the assistance of outreach staff, lead youth through the process of creating a small to mid-size piece of artwork and assist with the installation or logistics concerning installing the artwork at the community partner site.
- Total direct contact/working hours with children in the summer = 20 hours
- Total preparation and installation hours = 20 hours
Total paid for the 40 hours of work= $1000.00
Please note that the material expense will be covered by the Indianapolis Art Center's Outreach Detpartment