A CALL TO EASTSIDE ARTISTS
KIB's Great Indy Cleanup October Event- 2012
Deadline: October 1, 2012.
2012 is the first year KIB and the City of Indianapolis will partner for a citywide fall community
cleanup. Two of KIB's 2012 Project Greenspace grant recipients (Englewood and Irvington
Terrace neighborhoods) will be cleaning and sprucing up on Saturday, October 20th.
Included in KIB's Great Indy Cleanup is a public art project for the design and painting of
Irvington's seven traffic signal boxes along Washington St. from Kitley to Emerson Ave.
The Irvington Terrace Community Group announces a call to eastside artists to submit
a design for consideration in this juried public arts project.
A jury will select the 7 designs to be displayed based on the following criteria. Each artist will
receive $150 if their design is selected. All paint and materials to be provided.
Criteria for selection includes:
• Residing in an eastside neighborhood.
• Centering the design on the central theme of Irvington as a “walkable, bikeable,
busable” community. No business signage or any sponsorship logos allowed. Design
must wrap all five sides of the traffic signal box.
• Including one or combination of Irvington's branding color scheme. Pantone colors:
PMS 582, 228, 1595, 130, Cool Gray 11, Cool Gray 8
• Availability to layout design on Friday, October 19th and oversee volunteers on
Saturday, October 20th.
• Paintable by volunteers through KIB's Great Indy Cleanup .
The 7 chosen designs will be available for vote during the Irvington Halloween Festival,
Saturday, October 27th, at the Irvington Terrace booth. The artist of the winning design will
receive an additional $100 prize!
Designs must be received by Monday, October 1st. If your design is selected you will be
notified by Tuesday, October 9th.
To submit send to Irvington Terrace Neighborhood Group, 39 N. Webster Ave. 46219. For
questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317.201.1120.
Sizes of traffic signal box panels:
• Side: 22 wide // 55 tall & 53 tall (slight angle)
• Street side: 53 tall x 44 wide
• Sidewalk/building side: 55 tall x 43 wide
• Roof: 28 deep by 44 wide