Great Lakes “Small Works”
2D – 3D Juried Exhibition
September 29 – October 29, 2011
Download Your Copy of the Prospectus
The entry fee is $25.00 (non-refundable) for up to 3 pieces of artwork and is payable either by check, made out to Riverside Arts Center, or online via Credit Card or Paypal.
CASH PRIZES (total $1300)
Awards in the 2D & 3D Categories
1st Place – $200 / Each
2nd Place – $150 / Each
3rd Place – $100 / Each
People’s Choice Awards – $400
- 08/23/11: Entry deadline (postmarked)
- 09/06/11: Notification of acceptance
- 09/24/11: Artwork delivery deadline
- 09/29/11: Exhibit opens
- 10/01/11: Artist Reception (5pm to 7pm)
- 10/29/11: Exhibit ends
- 10/30/11: Pickup artwork (11am to 1pm)
- 10/31/11: Shipping back artwork begins
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
1. Open to anyone 18 years or older residing in any of the eight Great Lakes states.
(Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin)
2. 2D work must be no larger than 12″ on either side, including frame, if framed.
3. 3D work must be no larger than 12″ on any side and weight no more than 40 lbs.
4. Work must be completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited at Riverside Arts Center. No work under the supervision of an instructor is allowed. Works may be executed in any medium.
5. Artists may submit up to 3 entries total, even if entering both 2D & 3D.
1. All entries will be juried via digital images. Artists may submit one image for each 2D piece; 2 images for each 3D piece.
2. Images should be 300 ppi in JPG format and no larger than 6” (1800 pixels) on the longest side. (Images may be used for PR)
3. Image file name is to be in the following Format: LastName-FirstName-Title-Size.
Size: HxW for 2D, HxWxD for 3D (no inch marks)
IF ENTERING IMAGES VIA CD
1. Label outside of CD with artist’s name, and list the title(s) of work, media, size.
2. Mail CD, Entry Form ( Download ) and Check to Riverside Arts Center c/o Gallery Directory.
3. CDs will not be returned.
IF ENTERING IMAGES ONLINE
1. This is a two step process, first the online payment (or the mailing of your check), then sending the images via email. Click the “Pay Now” button below to begin the online payment process.
2. Upon completion of payment, copy the payment transaction number and paste it into an email, or type into the email the Check # you have sent.
3. Attach your images to the email and in the body portion, type in all the requested information as shown in the entry form of the prospectus (name, address, phone, title, media, price, etc). Email, with images, to: email@example.com. (Note: this email is for entry purposes only and will not be used for on going communications)
4. Depending on the number of images you are sending and the capacity of your email, you may need to send more than one email.
5. Subject Line: Your name and the total number of images you are sending.
6. You should receive a reply within three days with confirmation of receipt and discussion if there are any problems with the image send.
Pay the $25 Entry Fee Online Via Credit Card or Paypal.
ARTWORK DETAILS / SHIPPING
- Entries must be ready for presentation.
- Hanging work must be wired. All work must be labeled with artist name, work title, media and price.
- Artwork being shipped in for the exhibit must contain prepaid labels for return shipping. This could dictate which shipping method you use.
- Use packaging that can be reused for return, have everything well labeled.
SALES AND LIABILITY
ALL ARTWORK ENTERED MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE. The gallery will take a 30% commission on all sales. All accepted artwork will be handled with professional care, and every precaution will be taken to assure protection of artwork. Riverside Arts Center is not responsible for loss or damage of artwork.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Jennifer Seibert is an installation/video artist and associate professor of Drawing at Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan.
She holds an MFA in drawing and painting from Wichita State University and a BFA in drawing and painting from Kansas City Art Institute. She has shown work nationally and internationally. She has had solo exhibitions in Paris, France, Montecastello, Italy and throughout the United States. Jennifer has created two feature length films and several short films, many of which were made possible through research fellowships and grants. She has attended several residencies in Europe and has won multiple awards for both her installations and short films.