Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Request for Qualifications: Encore Sotheby’s International Realty Visiting Artist Series

Description of Opportunity
Encore Sotheby’s International Realty invites Indiana artists to submit their qualifications for their art to be displayed in the gallery-like offices of Encore Sotheby’s International Realty at 9510 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260.

The intent of the Visting Artist Series is to offer an additional venue for Indiana artists to display their art and promote their craft, as well as give local artists an opportunity to sell their work. Each new artist will be introduced to Encore Sotheby’s International Realty clients, past and present, by way of an opening reception, which will also include the artist’s own clients, friends and family.

Press releases will be sent to all local media, as well as to the Sotheby’s International Realty network and the Sotheby’s Auction House in New York city.

After the artist is paid, all  remaining proceeds will benefit Indianapolis area charities, including Gleaner’s Food Bank, Christamore House and Chaucie’s Place. (Artist keeps 75% of the sale - the other 25% to charity)

Artist Eligibility
Indiana-based artists working in any style are eligible to submit their qualifications. All varieties of media will be considered. Encore Sotheby’s International Realty promotes cultural diversity and encourages artists of all backgrounds and experiences to submit their qualifications.

Selection Criteria
Packages submitted for this RFQ will be evaluated on the following criteria:
1. The applicant’s demonstration of an excellent sense of design, superior craftsmanship and a profound understanding of materials.
2. The applicant’s demonstrated potential to address themes of relevance and to communicate the themes in an appropriate visual form.
3. The applicant’s demonstrated ability to deliver a completed project on time.
4. The involvement of artists with a significant connection to Indianapolis or Indiana by virtue of having been born in, lived in, been educated in, or spent professional time in the state or city.

Selection Process
A conflict-free panel made up of representatives from various professions, including those from the visual arts community, will review the submitted work according to the above criteria. The artist selected will be informed of the specifics of the series, including timeline, etc. Compensation will be provided for the artist selected in the amount of $1000. The chosen artist’s work can be offered for sale throughout the length of the show.

How to Submit Qualifications
All work, including digital images, background information, description of work, mission statement, etc. shall be submitted to:
Encore Sotheby’s International Realty
9510 North Meridian Street, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46260

The following information should be submitted:
1. A minimum of six images of representative work must be included.  Only one artwork view may be presented in each image. Each image should have a unique title. At least half of the images must be of completed work.
2. Provide a description of the project/image.
3. Include a current resume containing a list of projects, work, etc.  Resumes must include full contact information.
4. Artist statement: This statement should describe the general nature of the applicant’s approach to creating art for the public. Applicant may address favorite themes, the nature of past community involvement, preferred medium, format or technique.
5. Please upload a list of three to five professional references, including complete contact information. The listed references should have a good knowledge of the applicant’s work and ability to execute projects.
6. Indiana connection - Does the applicant have a connection to Indiana or Indianapolis.  Please explain the nature of the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment